We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I browsed Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Menu and this Italian stew caught my eye, even special if you serve it with peasant bread!
- 1 large eggplant cut into pieces
- 4 celery stalks cut celery
- 1 red bell pepper, seedless and diced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large chopped onion
- 5 large diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 g green olives (preferably without seeds)
- 50 g drained capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- green basil (I didn't have one)
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Sicilian Caponata:
Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a heavy and stable base and put in it the pieces of eggplant, onion, celery and pepper with a little salt and pepper.
Saute them over high heat for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes together with the garlic, sugar, vinegar, olives and capers.
Let the vegetables simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and then sprinkle with chopped basil.
We serve caponata with country bread.
Good appetite !